The Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors has numerous types of membership: regular, student, retired, fraternal and international. If you are unsure of what membership you should apply for, please contact CIPHI at 1-888-245-8180. We also have corporate membership and affiliate membership. To qualify for regular membership, you must be a Certified Public Health Inspector, as defined by the Board of Certification. To find out more about how to qualify for this, visit our ‘Board of Certification’ page.
The different classes of membership are as follows.
- Regular: Persons may be eligible for Regular Membership if they hold the Certificate in Sanitary Inspection (Canada), the Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada), or if they possess those qualifications acceptable to a three-fourths vote of the entire Executive Council of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors or as determined by an Annual General Meeting. Regular Members shall have full voting rights and the right to hold office.
- Affiliate: Non-profit organizations may be eligible for Affiliate Membership if they share a common interest in the field of environmental health and wish to work toward a unified voice on issues of common interest. Affiliate Members shall have neither voting rights nor the right to hold elected office.
- Fraternal and International: Fraternal membership may be granted to any person who does not hold the C.P.H.I.(C) or the C.S.I. (C) and who shares a common interest in the field of environmental health and wishes to contribute towards a unified voice on issues of common interest. International membership may be granted to any person residing outside of Canada who does not hold the C.P.H.I.(C) or the C.S.I. (C) and who shares a common interest in the field of environmental health and wishes to contribute towards a unified voice on issues of common interest. Fraternal and International Members shall have neither voting rights nor the right to hold office.
- Student:Student Members shall be persons studying for the Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) and approved as such by the Board of Certification of Public Health Inspectors of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors or such other Public Health Inspector qualification as the Institute may approve. They shall have neither voting privilege nor the right to hold office, but may attend Meetings and partake in all discussions. A student may be a member of any Branch of the Institute.
- Honourary: Honourary Membership may be conferred by majority vote at an Annual General Meeting as a mark of distinction to persons not holding qualifications as a Public Health Inspector, but who have made a noteworthy contribution to the Science of Sanitation. Honourary Members shall pay no fees and shall have no voting privileges. They shall not be entered upon the Register of Members of the Institute and shall not be under any liability for the debts and liabilities of the Institute. They shall remain Honourary Members during the pleasure of the Institute.
- Life: Life Membership may, subject to the provisions of Subsection (c) of this Section, be conferred by vote at the Annual General Meeting on qualified Public Health Inspectors who are Members of the Institute and who have made a noteworthy contribution to the advancement of Sanitary Science and/or the purposes of the Institute. Life Membership may be granted to persons still practicing. Such Life Membership shall carry voting privileges and the right to hold office, but no obligation to pay fees.
- Retired: Any Member who upon retirement from active employment through age, health or disability and is eligible for some form of pension, and wishes to continue membership in the C.I.P.H.I. may apply in writing to their Branch to continue such membership. The applicant shall advise the Branch and the Executive Secretary-Treasurer/Executive Director as to the effective date of retirement. A Retired Member shall have full voting rights and the right to hold office.
- Corporate: Corporate Members shall be persons or corporations who derive benefits of information, education and self-promotion through membership in the Institute. Such Members shall have neither voting privileges nor the right to hold office, nor shall such members be responsible for the debts and liabilities of the Institute. Such Membership shall be at the pleasure of the Institute.
To notify the Institute of a member’s change of address, please contact the CIPHI office at เกมส์ยิงปลาoffice@ เกมส์ยิงปลา www.turkassociates.com.
How can I become a member of CIPHI? You can become a member of CIPHI by visiting the Membership Forms page, completing the application for the appropriate membership category and sending directly to our national office at the address indicated. Corporate and Affiliate applicants please note that your membership begins when your payment is received and is renewable annually.